Sustainable Living by Design
Aberlin Springs is a special place because it is a community with purpose.
Reminiscent of communities of yesteryear, Aberlin Springs was inspired by the past and built for the future. This conservation community offers residents a place to grow, restore, and reconnect to the land that feeds them. Homesites embrace neighborly connections while ensuring privacy.
Our community’s farm-to-table concept is designed to reduce our shared carbon footprint and support a localized food system. Other sustainable and renewable conservation measures include:
- Geothermal heat pumps for heating and cooling – We are the first all-geothermal community in the region.
- Water conservation – A private community septic program keeps water on the land and replenishes the aquifer.
- Solar energy – Homeowners can choose a solar energy option to power their homes.
- Whole-house water purifiers – Our first line of defense, clean water, comes standard with our homes.
- Conservation – We are a Farm, Pasture, and Woodland conservation community.
- Homesites – Lots are designed to elevate the inherent characteristics of the land.
- Landscaping – Native plantings are adapted to the local environment. Our streets, open spaces, and corridors respect the views and natural landforms while creating habitats.
- Auxillary Dwelling Units (ADUs)/tiny homes – The development is zoned to allow ADU/tiny homes on many lots behind the primary home, providing more flexibility for how you live.